Amy Gillett – Speak English like an American
What’s the secret to speaking English better? It’s mastery of those tricky idioms and phrases that are so common in English. And learning these idioms and phrases will not only help you speak better, it’ll help you understand Americans better. In this course, you’ll join an American family as they go about their day-to-day lives. Along the way, you will master over 300 of today’s most common English idioms and expressions.
Speak English Like an American is one of the world’s most popular books for learning conversational English. Discover why thousands of students from all corners of the world are turning to Speak English Like an American to improve their everyday English skills… a fun and effective way to improve your English!
Ideal for both self-study and classroom use. Now in use in ESL programs at universities throughout the USA, including Yale University and Drexel University.
In this deluxe book & CD set, you’ll find:
- Over 300 of today’s most common American English idioms & phrases to reinforce the material
- Dozens of exercises
- Multiple usage examples of each idiom or phrase
- 25 lively & authentic dialogues – the entertaining story of an American family
- An Audio CD – listen to the dialogues and improve your pronunciation
- Lots of original cartoons illustrating the expressions